Please read these important details about residential services
• UNLIMITED INTERNET USAGE: All Internet services are currently unlimited. However, Internet
services in Canada are regulated by CRTC and as such subject to change. Usage limits on Internet services
may be introduced without notice based on laws, regulations and market conditions.
• 911 LIMITATIONS - IMPORTANT: VoIP (Digital Phone Services) have some important LIMITATIONS,
including 911 service limitations. For your safety, please
click here to review these limitations.
• CANCELLATIONS: Accounts will be cancelled on the day you ship or return the hardware to
our office. If you currently do not use KELCOM owned hardware for your services, you can request instant
cancellation over the phone.
• CANCELLATION FEE (2 AND 3 YEARS PREPAID INTERNET SERVICES ONLY): Services on a 2-year contract, will be subject to
a $100+HST cancellation fee, and services on a 3-year contract will be charged a $150+HST cancellation fee.
• UNRETURNED EQUIPMENT:
Accounts will be subject to a charge of $149+HST per device that is unreturned. Accounts will be subject
to a charge of $39+HST for a device power cord that is unreturned.
You will be required to return the equipment within 30-days of the final bill for a full refund of the equipment
CREDIT CARD PAYMENTS:
Monthly payments can be made via automatic deduction from your credit card (Mastercard, Visa, American
Express). Prepaid credit cards or debit cards are not accepted at this time. Declined credit card payments
are subject to a $25 NSF fee and account closure without further notice. All past due accounts are subject
to 3% late processing fee on overdue balances.
PREAUTHORIZED PAYMENT FROM BANK ACCOUNT:
Monthly payments can also be made via automatic deduction from your bank account. Monthly $1.99 PAP fee
applies. A PAP form from your bank is required to set-up this option. Account must be in the name of the
person ordering services. Declined PAP payments are subject to a $45 NSF fee and account closure without
notice. All past due accounts are subject to 3% late processing fee on overdue balances. After initial PAP
set-up, any changes to the payment date, including a delay of payment, is subject to $10 admin fee.
Any changes to the PAP payment plan require a minimum of 5 business days notice.
ANNUAL PREPAID PAYMENTS:
Annual payments can be made via cheque, money order, cash/debit (in-store only), credit card and online
banking (Credit Unions, BMO, TD). Declined payments are subject to a $45 NSF fee and account closure without
notice. All past due accounts are subject to 3% late processing fee on overdue balances.
• RESTORING SERVICES AFTER CANCELLATION DUE TO NON-PAYMENT:
We reserve the right to refuse account reactivation for an account previously suspended for non-payment. If the
account is allowed to be reactivated, a $100 reactivation fee applies, in addition to any regular service activation
Refunds for payments made by credit/debit card will be made to the same credit/debit card within 10
business days (debit card refunds can only be done in person). All other refunds, including refunds for preauthorized payments
via chequing account, cash and cheque payments will be made by cheque within 4-6 weeks.
• TECHNICAL ISSUES WITH YOUR EQUIPMENT MAY INCUR A $95 CHARGE FROM OUR SUPPLIER:
While we provide free support for our services, due to new CRTC regulations, if you have a technical issue
with your DSL or Cable service and a trouble ticket is open with our supplier, a fee of $95 will apply if
the issue is caused by an internal malfunction (internal wiring, computer equipment, router, etc.).
A 13% HST tax is applicable.
Satellite TV details • Satellite TV services are provided by and billed for by
Shaw Direct. • Shaw Direct TV requires an initial deposit of $50 charged to your credit card. This deposit will be credited
to your first-month bill.
• The first bill from Shaw Direct will include first and second month of service, any applicable taxes and fees
as well as $50 deposit credit (if one was charged during the sign-up process).
• To receive $10 off Internet services, you must order new KELCOM Internet services and have active
Shaw Direct service for the duration of the discount (12 months).
• Shaw Direct services are billed by Shaw Direct and charged to customers credit card and transaction
is processed separately from KELCOM services. After the initial payment, call Shaw Direct to set-up paper or
• KELCOM does not provide any guarantee of service, technical support or any other guarantee for Shaw Direct
• Shaw Direct Services come with NO CONTRACT, but you must call Shaw Direct 1-888-554-7827 to cancel your
• By ordering Shaw Direct Satellite TV services, you agree to abide by Shaw Direct Terms & Conditions
of service as listed here (PDF FORMAT):
https://media.shawdirect.ca/uploadedfiles/terms-of-services.pdf • Installations to properties owned by a third party require signed Property Owner Release Form.